APPLYING FOR A CONCEALED PISTOL LICENSE IN CALHOUN COUNTY
- An applicant must take a state required training class (See list of Certified Trainers below)
- Obtain a CPL application at the County Clerk’s office, at 315 W. Green Street, Marshall, MI, local police agencies, or on-line at www.michigan.gov/msp
- Applicant must file their application in the County where they reside and must be a resident of that County for at least six months. Calhoun County applicants must apply at the County Clerk’s office, Marshall, MI. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- At the time of application you will need:
- A certificate from your training class. The certificate must include State required language.
- A current picture identification: a Michigan Driver’s License or State Identification.
- An application fee of $115.00. You may pay the application fee in the form of cash, check, charge or debit card. (We only accept Visa or MasterCard).
- The fee is the same for new and renewal applications.
- Once you have completed tache application process, the clerk will take your photo and capture your signature for your permit.
** NOTE: A passport photo is not required in Calhoun County. A photo will be taken by a clerk at the time of application.
- You will be directed to the Calhoun County Sheriff’s department in Marshall for your fingerprints. Their hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. As a new applicant you will always be required to have your prints taken, even if you have had prints done for another reason. When applying for a renewal you may be asked to be fingerprinted again.
- The Sheriff’s department does a background check and forwards your prints to the Prosecutor’s office, the State Police and the FBI. The Clerk’s office receives copies of your complete background check from each agency. When the reports are received by the Clerk’s office, they are reviewed for accurate name and date of birth. If the reports show no infractions, they are placed in your file. Your name is then added to the agenda for the next meeting of the Calhoun County Gun Board.
- On the second Wednesday of each month the Calhoun County Gun Board meets in the Clerk’s office in Marshall. The Board consists of the Prosecuting Attorney, as Chairman, a representative from the Sheriff’s department and a representative from the State Police. The County Clerk is Clerk to the Gun Board. The Board reviews all applications.
- When approved by the Gun Board, your permit and approval letter will be mailed to you. Some applications are set aside for review at the next Gun Board meeting. You will be notified if you need to appear before the Gun Board.
Concealed Pistol License
Explanation of $115.00 Fee
Calhoun County receives $ 26.00
State of Michigan receives $ 64.00
Calhoun County Sheriff receives $ 15.00
C.P.L. Picture I.D. $ 10.00
Southside Sportsman Club
539 Capital Avenue SW
Battle Creek, MI 49015
Centerline of Calhoun County
23100 13 Mile Road
Bellevue, MI 49021
Family Shooter’s Coral, Inc.
4516 Bellevue Hwy.
Eaton Rapids, MI
Battle Creek Sportsman Club
Jack Cox – Telephone: 269.963.4831
Douglas White – Telephone: 269.962.6762
Tim Bryant – Telephone: 269.420.0390
Steven M. Cornelius
Calhoun: “Have Guns – will Travel to Teach”