Details pending in Legislation, watch for new information to be available/posted around 12/11/17.
Calhoun County Positions on the 2018 ballot:
- 37th Circuit Court, John Hallacy's term expires 1/01/2019
- 10th District Court, James Norlander's term expires 1/01/2019. Judge Norlander is scheduled to retire at the end of the term due to age restriction.
The Filing Official for these positions is the State Bureau of Elections in Lansing ... Richard H. Austin Building, 1st Floor, 430 West Allegan Street, Lansing, MI 48918.
March 26, 2018, by 5:00pm: Incumbent judges file Affidavit of Candidacy and Affidavit of Identity for the August primary. Withdrawal deadline elapses at 5:00pm on March 29th.
April 24, 2018, by 4:00pm: Candidates seeking judgeships file nominating petitions, Affidavit of Identity and Affidavit of Constitutional Qualification for the August primary. Withdrawal deadline elapses at 5:00pm on April 27th.
10th District Court position:
- Countywide NonPartisan Nominating Petitions are available at the Calhoun County Clerk-Elections Office for all non-incumbent judicial candidates to use when collecting signatures.
- Office designation: Regular Term - Non-Incumbent Position *
- Petition signature requirements imposed on candidates who seek the office of 10th District Court are 600 minimum signatures, with a maximum of 1,000 signatures that can be filed.
- Registered electors may only sign ONE petition for candidates seeking the 10th District Court position.
- A Primary election will be held August 7, 2018 in offices where there are more than twice the number of candidates seeking the position than can be elected (meaning if 3 or more candidates file for 10th District Court, then there will be a Primary election; the 2 candidates receiving the highest votes will advance to the November 6, 2018 General Election ballot).
* Contact Lydia Valles at the Bureau of Elections with additional questions, 1.800.292.5973 or 517.241.4662.